Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Face of Betrayal A Triple Threat Novel By Lis Wiehl with April Henry


This book was very, very good!!!! I can't wait until the next book Hand of Fate comes out in April 2010. If you like a good mystery with an unexpected twist....this is the book for you. I couldn't put it down from the beginning.It was well-written and it was plausible. For me, the ending was a surprise.I loved Allison, was rooting for Nicole, and sympathized with Cassidy. They did remind me somewhat of the Women's Murder Club ladies, but in a 'not so sleazy' way. I also enjoyed the realistic tidbits the authors slipped into many scenes- it's obvious that they aren't strangers to the worlds of the main characters (tv reporting, law enforcement and the legal profession). I do wish the Christian message hadn't been so lukewarm. If you're going to write Christian fiction, make it count.I believe you will enjoy this book that weaves you through several suspects only to conclude with one you may not have expected!



Buy
Read

1 comment:

Jason said...

I hope you don't mind but I kind of disagree with your point about the Christian message. Given we have so many Christian fiction novels that hit you over the head with the Christian message, I found it refreshing to see a book where the message was there but not shoved into the spotlight at every chance. Isn't there room for both kinds of fiction?